The following terms and conditions (‘booking conditions’) form the basis of your contract with Botanica (Australian Pacific Touring Pty Ltd, APT, ‘we’ or ‘our’). Please read them carefully as they set out your and our respective rights and obligations. By asking us to confirm your booking, we are entitled to assume that you have had the opportunity to read and have read these booking conditions, that you agree to them and that you agree to them applying to your holiday arrangements that you book with us and which we agree to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of our contract with you. References in these booking conditions to your ‘holiday package’ are references to the tour or cruise package you have booked with Botanica. References to “excursions” are references to short trips or tours included or available as part of your holiday package.
Governing law - These booking conditions are governed by the law in force in Victoria, Australia.
Prices – Deposits – Discounts – Payments Your booking price will be set out on this website unless it is varied by advertising or a special offer, including without limitation, to cover changes in government taxes and charges, exchange rate variations, fuel surcharges, airline charges, a force majeure event or other material increases by suppliers. Once you pay your deposit your holiday package price is guaranteed (except for any changes resulting from a force majeure event – see below). A security deposit per person, per holiday package is required within seven days of booking confirmation. Deposit requirements may vary when booking a special offer. Final payment of the balance of your holiday package price is due 100 days prior to departure unless stated in the terms of a special offer. Botanica reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking or to refuse to carry any passenger where payment has not been received by Botanica within the specified time. All fares and charges are in Australian currency. Payment in full is required at time of booking for reservations made less than 100 days before departure from Australia or New Zealand. If Botanica is unable to confirm your reservation, all monies will be refunded.
Children under the age of 8 are not permitted on tours and cruises. Children under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and share their accommodation with an adult.
Please refer to the General Information and Conditions pages within the online e-brochure relevant to your selected destination/tour.
Where stated, airport transfers are included on the first and last day of the holiday package at designated times. No refund will be given for unused transfers. Transfers cannot be re-routed to other pick-up points or destinations. Passengers who miss the pre-booked transfers must make their own way to/from the ship/hotel at their own expense. Some holiday packages include group transfers from or in between airports/hotels/ships and vice versa. A group transfer is generally a shared transfer and the type of vehicle used will normally be dependent upon the size of the group.
Airfares (unless stated), airport taxes, laundry, passport and visa fees, food not on the regular table d’hôte menu, drinks may or may not be included as indicated in your itinerary, excess baggage, fuel surcharges and optional excursions and gratuities not specified in your itinerary.
To maximise your enjoyment of your Botanica holiday and to ensure that it lives up to your expectations it is important that you choose the right holiday package for you. Our brochures contain limited information, however, there is more information online at www.Botanica.travel and our qualified staff are available to discuss your options.
Gratuities have been included for all staff on all Botanica Tours and Cruises (as stated) and cannot be redeemed for a cash refund.
International hotels are often smaller than those in Australia and NZ. In more remote places, hotel standards may not be quite as high as in major centres*. Botanica endeavours to utilise the most suitable accommodation available in each destination to ensure that passengers enjoy high levels of cleanliness, comfort and service. The hotels listed on this website will be used on almost all holiday packages; however, if a change is necessary for any reason, Botanica will endeavour to ensure that alternative accommodation is of an equivalent standard to those shown. Hotel rooms are generally not available for check-in before 3 pm and require check-out by 10 am. * Please refer to South America, Asia and Africa website pages for more detailed information on camps and safari style accommodation.
Accommodation in all hotels, regardless of the rating, is in standard rooms (sometimes named superior/deluxe) based on twins or doubles unless otherwise stated.
A limited number of single rooms/suites/cabins may be available by request at time of booking your cruise/holiday package. Single room/suites/cabins are not available on certain cruises. Single rooms/suites/cabins are usually smaller than standard twin or double rooms and often only have one single bed.
Botanica will make every effort to assign specific cabins, cabin numbers or locations on the ship if requested. If this is not possible, Botanica reserves the right to make changes to cabin assignment, within the category booked, without prior notice.
Botanica welcomes passengers with disabilities or special needs however, please note the following:
1. Any disability or medical condition requiring special attention must be reported to Botanica at the time of booking including all important information relating to your health, mobility and fitness which may affect your partial or total participation in the cruise or tour. This information is also crucial to allow Botanica to ensure the tour you have chosen is suitable and meets your needs. Any changes to health, mobility and fitness must also be reported to Botanica as soon as possible and prior to departure. Where possible Botanica will make reasonable adjustments to the tour to accommodate your special needs however, it cannot do so if the adjustment required would be unreasonable in all of the circumstances, including if such adjustments would affect your safety and/or the safety and/or enjoyment of other passengers.
2. If you require special assistance or care (such as pushing a wheelchair, assistance with dressing or assistance with walking), you must travel with a companion capable of providing the required assistance or care. Please be aware that Botanica does not provide personal assistance. Botanica is unable to assist any passenger with walking, dining, boarding or disembarking any transportation vehicles (including river and ocean cruise ships and trains). To safely participate in embarkation and disembarkation you must be able to do so without the need for special assistance. You must also be able to do so without unreasonably impacting other passengers’ safety and/or enjoyment.
3. While Botanica will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of disabled passengers, it is not responsible for any denial of services by any third party entities it has travel arrangements with, such as carriers, hotels, trains, restaurants or other independent suppliers, or for any additional associated expenses charges by those parties.
4. Please note coaches and minibuses are not equipped with wheelchair ramps. Most river and ocean ships have elevators, however not all Botanica ships have elevators. Many ships require the use of stairs to go between decks. Further, side by side docking may require passengers to climb and descent stairs to cross over vessels to disembark and embark at times. Botanica ships often sail through remote areas that do not have convenient docking facilities. In such circumstances it will be necessary for passengers to negotiate temporary gangplanks and uneven surfaces. If the crew decide that it is not safe for a passenger to negotiate such operations they may require passengers to stay on board. Cabin doors and restrooms may not be wide enough to allow access by standard wheelchairs. Wheelchairs and walkers cannot be carried on coaches, due to space limitations. For safety reasons, passengers in wheelchairs cannot be carried on ramps in ports where the river or ocean cruise ship is at anchor.
A good level of fitness and health is required to participate on Botanica ’s holiday packages. In some destinations there are extensive sightseeing excursions by foot and which includes climbing of stairs. Mobility is needed boarding or alighting coaches, river cruise ships and trains. We recommend a visit to the doctor and dentist before travelling to overseas destinations. It is your responsibility to advise Botanica of any pre-existing medical conditions or health and mobility related concerns that may affect the normal conduct of a holiday package and the enjoyment of other passengers.
All passengers must have a valid passport that is valid for at least six months after the holiday package return date. Passengers must consult with the appropriate consulates to ensure that they have any applicable visas for countries included in the holiday package prior to departure. Passengers are solely responsible for meeting necessary passport and visa entry requirements and paying all associated costs. Botanica is not responsible for delays or missed portions of the holiday package resulting from incorrect travel documents or visas.
The timing of the shore excursions on all river cruise ship holiday packages may differ slightly for each package. The published times are a guide only and are subject to change without notice. It is impossible for large coaches to be used for some city sightseeing excursions and many towns and cities will be visited by way of walking tours. For river cruising, clients must be able to climb ramps to embark or disembark river cruise ships. Depending on river levels, these may have a number of steep steps. In Asia, our cruise ships regularly dock mid stream and require the use of tenders to reach the shore. Holiday packages including time in South America, Burma, China, Switzerland and other alpine regions may include mountain excursions to, at times, high altitudes.
Select Experiences are an additional cost to the tour price. Minimum and maximum group numbers may apply for the tour to operate and all tours are subject to availability.
Virtually all countries have public holidays, religious or otherwise. The festivities may temporarily disrupt your holiday and some religious holidays may result in a reduction of facilities and entertainment.
Conditions Apply. For full terms and conditions relating to any Superdeal, Fly Deal or Special Offer on your booking, please go to www.botanica.travel/specialdeals.
Special Deals and Special Offers other than those advertised in the brochure may be promoted by Botanica after the brochure is released. These new special deals/offers do not apply to existing bookings unless otherwise stated.
Air travel is arranged with independent airlines. Botanica will arrange air travel as advertised in connection with you holiday package or otherwise arranged with Botanica . All airfares are subject to flight and booking class availability. Airfares will be booked and ticketed upon receipt of your deposit to avoid price or tax increases. Airport taxes vary for each departure point and routing of airline. Airline schedules are subject to change without notice. Once air tickets are issued, airline amendment and/or cancellation fees apply and, in some cases, are non-refundable. Name changes and voluntary date and schedule changes will incur fees. Botanica is not liable for delays or disruptions of air travel. Once tickets are issued Botanica will have no other liability and will not be responsible for refunding the cost of any services booked in conjunction with the flights.
If airlines have not published their schedule at the time our brochure was printed or at the time of booking, Botanica will estimate the cost of airfares connected with your holiday package. When the airline releases flight inventory and airfares, Botanica will confirm seats and pricing to you by sending you an updated invoice. Once flights have been confirmed by you and payment has been received Botanica will issue your ticket/s.
Applicable when an upfront fee of $95 per person is paid with your deposit. The holiday package can be cancelled prior to the final payment date and your deposit will be retained as an Botanica holding credit to be used for future bookings. If Deposit Cancellation Peace of Mind is claimed, monies held must be used on a future cruise or tour and cannot be redeemed against the original cruise or tour departure date. Deposit held in credit will exclude fees imposed by third parties, including but not limited to air travel, rail travel and hotels. When booking airfares through Botanica (including when taking advantage of a special offer that includes air travel), standard airline cancellation fees will apply. In some cases, airfares will be non-refundable. In the event of cancellation, these fees will be deducted from the deposit paid, and therefore the credit being held. Botanica Deposit Cancellation Peace of Mind applies to new bookings only and is only valid up until 100 days prior to travel. After three years, unused credit funds will incur the original cancellation conditions as per brochure. This does not replace travel insurance, which you are required to purchase at the time of booking.
Travel Insurance is not included in your holiday package. You are required to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes (without limitation) coverage for the cost of your holiday package, medical expenses, loss of luggage, cruise and land content and airfare charges that may occur due to cancellation, impossibility of performance or other frustration, disruption, loss of deposit or strikes.
After booking you will receive an invoice with all important information relevant to your holiday package. We strongly recommend you check the details carefully and read the included information. Please ensure that you check your flight timings carefully on your tickets, particularly early am departures. Approximately 21 days before departure you will receive your eticket together with your final itinerary. However in the case of late bookings, charges or late payment, tickets may be emailed to you.
Where a special request (e.g. diet, room location, twin or double bedded room, a particular facility at a hotel, flight seat requests and/or particular meals) is an important factor in your choice of holiday, you must advise us when your booking is made. Botanica will pass your request onto the hotel, airline or other supplier but cannot guarantee that it will be accommodated. Botanica will also pass on any dietary requests to the airline but we strongly recommend that you check directly with the airline once your tickets have been issued. The provision of any special request does not constitute a term of your contract with us. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
If you pay Botanica by credit or debit card surcharges will apply. In the case of credit cards a surcharge of between 1% and 3% (depending on the card used), will be added to the tour price. In the case of debit cards a charge of 0.5% will be added to the tour price.
If you want to change any part of your holiday arrangements after the invoice has been issued, we will do our best to make the change, but it may not be possible. Any request for changes must be made in writing by the person who made the original booking, or his or her travel agent. If it is possible to make the change, it will be subject to an administration charge and payment of any further costs incurred as a result of the change.
For all holiday packages ion this website, the following Botanica cancellation fees apply:
Days of notice Fee per person
100 days or more Loss of deposit
99 - 61 days 90% of holiday package price
60 days or less 100% of holiday package price
All cancellations must be received in writing by Botanica and are not effective until this notification has been received. If your holiday has commenced, 100% of the full holiday package price is charged. There is no refund for unused services or if portions of the holiday package are missed. Additional cancellation fees may also be charged in respect of accommodation reserved outside the holiday package dates.
These cancellation fees are in addition to any fees that may be levied by Botanica and your travel agent (if any). You acknowledge that the amounts estimated under the Cancellation Policy are reasonable and represent a genuine pre-estimate of Botanica ’s loss and are otherwise reasonably necessary to protect the legitimate interests of Botanica . If you request changes after Botanica has issued your documents, Botanica may charge you an administration and processing fee of $70 per person in addition to any applicable cancellation fees.
Scheduled airlines normally regard name changes and changes to departure dates as a cancellation and re-booking which may attract a cancellation fee. Applicable cancellation fees may amount to 100% of the airfare.
Botanica has endeavored to ensure that the information given on this website about accommodation, itineraries etc., is correct to the best of its knowledge at the time of publishing. We recommend that you confirm the details of your chosen holiday package at the time of booking. Additionally, flight times, carriers and routes in the brochure are given for guidance only as there may be changes. Final details will be shown on your tickets. Holiday package or excursion itineraries may change or be different from those described in the brochure as a result of local conditions, weather conditions, annual events. Botanica will endeavor to notify you of any significant changes prior to your departure.
The flight timings shown on our website and detailed on your confirmation invoice are for guidance only and are subject to alteration and confirmation. Flight timings are set by airlines and affected by events outside our control. Scheduled and charter flight timings, and days of operation are also subject to change. Botanica will advise you of any significant changes as soon as it is informed by the airline. Minor timing changes will be shown on your flight tickets,. Any change in the identity of the airline, flight timings or aircraft type (if advised) will not entitle you to cancel or change to other arrangements without paying any applicable cancellation fees except where specified in these booking conditions.
Botanica endeavours to provide you with all the services confirmed to you at the time of your booking. However, we plan arrangements a long time in advance of your departure date using independent suppliers such as airline, hotels etc., over whom we have no direct control. On occasions changes do have to be made, and Botanica reserves the right to cancel or amend holiday packages/excursions accordingly.
Force Majeure means the occurrence of an event that is beyond Botanica ’s reasonable control and which could not have been reasonably prevented by Botanica , which includes, but is not limited to: (a) war, armed conflict, criminal damage, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity or the threat of any such acts; (b) natural disaster (including but not limited to flooding, fire, earthquake, landslide), adverse weather conditions, high or low water levels; (c) nuclear or other industrial accident causing environmental pollution or contamination; or (d) change in law, meaning, enactment, amendment (including repeal) in the law or administration of any law in Australia or any jurisdiction or territory relevant to the booking contract, which includes changes in statute, regulation, determination, by-law, declaration, licence and the common law as applicable from time to time, including changes or amendments in regulations or access to services, sites or countries caused by declared epidemic or pandemic events.
If Botanica , in its reasonable opinion, considers that any Force Majeure event prevents Botanica (whether directly or through its employees, contractors, subcontractors and agents) from lawfully or safely providing any products or services subject of the booking contract with you, Botanica may immediately by written notice: (a) terminate the booking contract (in whole or in part); or (b) change your travel arrangements as reasonably practicable to ensure your safety and invoice you for any additional costs.
In the event of a force majeure event making it impossible or unsafe for Botanica to deliver all or part of the Holiday Package, Botanica will refund the customer for the unperformed part of the Holiday Package less any reasonable losses incurred before cancellation. Losses may amount to a substantial proportion of the booking price. Botanica will use reasonable endeavours to minimise losses incurred by customers.
Customers must take out travel insurance to protect themselves against loss in these circumstances.
For more detailed information, please refer to the online e-brochure's General Information and Conditions within this website which contains your specific itinerary.
Botanica takes reasonable steps to minimise noise and vibrations on its river cruise ships. You acknowledge and accept that some noise and vibration may be experienced on vessels and that Botanica is not liable to you for any such noise or vibration.
During port stops river cruise ships may dock side by side, obstructing views and requiring you to pass through other ships to embark or disembark.
Botanica is not responsible for any items you may purchase locally i.e. jewellery / furniture etc. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any import duty or freight costs.
To ensure all passengers enjoy forward and window facing seats, we have incorporated a daily seat rotation system.
For security reasons valuables should be kept to a minimum and packed in your hand luggage along with your medicines, camera, film, electrical or battery-operated appliances, as well as basic essentials such as a change of clothing and toiletries. It is your responsibility to look after your property at all times and you must ensure you are adequately covered by comprehensive travel insurance in the event of any loss.
Itineraries are intended as a guide only and are subject to alteration without notice. Alternations may be necessary for various reasons including, without limitation, road, river or weather conditions, strikes or other reasons beyond Botanica ’s control. If conditions render any routes unsafe for navigation, Botanica reserves the right to provide alternative services including, but not limited to, accommodation on the docked ship or substitute land arrangements. Under normal river conditions, itineraries will operate as far as possible as detailed on this website. However, sometimes for reasons beyond our control, it may be necessary to make alterations to your itinerary. For example, without limitation, if there is a water level problem on a river or canal, it may be necessary to operate part of the itinerary by coach and alternative sightseeing may be included. Botanica will not be liable for any direct or indirect costs that you incur as a result of any event or other factor beyond our control which necessitates a change in your itinerary. Additionally, you are not entitled to any refund for any alterations to your itinerary that are caused or contributed to by any flood or water level events or such other events which are beyond our control. Where disembarkation is necessary, services such as Wi-Fi and complimentary all-day beverages cannot be provided. Complimentary beverages are guaranteed during evening meals. Botanica cannot guarantee exact arrival and departure times for carriers and operators used by Botanica and Botanica will not be liable for failure to make connections with any other services or attractions beyond its control.
1. Our holiday packages include the services of independent providers, such as hoteliers, airlines, cruise companies and other operators, who are not agents, servants or employees of Botanica . Although we take care in selecting the independent service providers and the optional excursions conducted by some independent service providers, Botanica is not responsible for the conduct of the independent service providers, their servants and agents or for any ramifications of that conduct. Optional excursions may, depending on your holiday package, include activities such as climbing, exploring, bike riding, swimming and snorkelling. You accept and assume the risk involved with these activities.
2. If, in the opinion of any representative of Botanica , your mental or physical condition, or general behaviour is such as to affect your own health and safety, render you incapable to care for yourself, cause you to became a hazard to yourself or other passengers or result in you becoming objectionable to other passengers or staff, you will not be permitted to embark or continue on the whole or any part of the holiday package. Abuse or harassment of any kind toward crew, contracted suppliers or other guests may result in immediate removal from the tour or cruise. Botanica is not liable to you for any costs associated with such decision and you will not be refunded for any part of the holiday package.
3. Botanica accepts no responsibility for any death, injury, illness, loss (including loss of enjoyment), damage, detention, delay (including mechanical breakdown) beyond its control.
4. Any term, condition or warranty express or implied by statute or otherwise in respect of the holiday packages contained on this website are excluded to the full extent permitted by law. Nothing in these booking conditions excludes, restricts or modifies the application of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) as amended, consolidated, supplemented or replaced.
5. To the full extent permitted by law, Botanica ’s liability arising under or in connection with these booking conditions: (a) is limited to the re-supply of the products or services or the payment of the cost of re-supply of the products or services to you; and (b) excludes liability for any indirect or consequential losses suffered by you or any third party, howsoever caused, including but not limited to pure economic loss or any special, extraordinary or punitive damage to you or any other party.
6. Your travel agent will forward deposits and other payments to us on your behalf, but your travel agent is not our agent for the purpose of receipt of monies. Receipt of deposits and subsequent payments by the travel agent does not constitute receipt of those monies by us and the travel agent has no authority expressed or implied to receive monies on our behalf. There is no liability on the part of Botanica in respect to any monies paid to your travel agent unless and until Botanica notifies you (by way of a booking confirmation advice or payment receipt advice) that monies have been received by Botanica . Botanica reserves the right to cancel any ticket or booking or refuse to carry any passenger where payment has not been received by Botanica within the specified time.
Our staffs are trained in the Responsible Service of Alcohol and are obligated by law to refuse service to any guest who is in the reasonable opinion of any employee, intoxicated or behaves in an aggressive or offensive manner.
Botanica does not employ medical staff. If you require medical attention. Local medical services can be contacted immediately. You are responsible for the type or quality of the medical services you may require.
Details including the range of benefits are available on this website.
For other passengers’ comfort there is no smoking on coaches or river cruise ships, except in designated areas.
If a problem occurs during your holiday you should, in your own interests, advise your tour/cruise director so that steps can be taken to resolve the matter. If you remain dissatisfied, any complaint must be made in writing to Botanica within 30 days.
Each passenger is entitled to take one piece of luggage that does not exceed 160 cm (63 inches), or weigh more than 20 kg (44 pounds). Dimensions for checked baggage are calculated by adding together the width, height and depth of the piece of baggage. An extra charge will be imposed to cover porterage handling of any additional luggage. Your tour/cruise director will advise you of the exact additional charge. Please refer to individual itineraries and destinations for detailed information.